SAP Universal ID
SAP Universal ID provides you easier access to our SAP systems. With SAP Universal ID, you will get one single SAP account for life. It gives you the ability to choose between your S/P-user IDs, enabling you to switch between them easily. You will log in once with your SAP Universal ID and use it for all your IDs wherever you work. You can see which sites are already using SAP Universal ID here.
SAP Universal ID allows you to combine all your existing and future S/P-user ID(s) under a single password, eliminating the need to keep track of all your S/P-user numbers.
1. Upon registration, you will enter information such as your first name, last name, country and email address into a form.
2. The email address you provide is then used as your login identifier for your SAP Universal ID.
3. You will need to provide a strong password and confirm by re-entering it. You will use this password to log in with your new SAP Universal ID. The password will need to be at least 8 characters long and contains a combination of small and capital letters, numbers and symbols.
Currently, SAP for Me, SAP.com, SAP ONE Support Launchpad, and SAP Support Portal, among others, support Universal ID login and its linked IDs. We are using a phased approach to integrate SAP Universal ID into more SAP sites over time. Visit the Roadmap to see which sites are already using SAP Universal ID and which ones are planned.
Eventually, SAP Universal ID will replace your existing S/P-user(s) and will be mandatory.
Your SAP Universal ID will maintain all your SAP-specific information, even if you switch companies (i.e., personal data, etc.…).
SAP Universal ID works on the desktop browsers Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Edge and the latest versions of iOS and Android for smartphones and tablets. SAP Universal ID does not work on Internet Explorer.
Not all SAP sites support SAP Universal ID. For a complete list of sites that offer SAP Universal ID, please click here. If the site you would like to access is not listed, please use your legacy accounts (S/P- users and the specific password). In case you no longer remember your legacy account password, please go to accounts.sap.com and reset the password with a click on “Forgot password”, enter the legacy account ID and click on reset password. You will receive an email with a link to reset the password of the respective legacy account.
If you believe that you should be able to access a site, please check if have linked your S-user to your SAP Universal ID:
1. Visit the SAP Universal ID Account Manager
2. Check the list of your linked IDs if your required S-user is already linked.
3. If you don’t find it on the list of linked IDs, click on "Link additional accounts" and follow the instructions.
4. Once you finished linking, you should be able to log in to the integrated sites.
If you are still unable to log in and think this is a mistake, please reach out to the Customer Interaction Center for support via the channels below.
Yes, you can. Please note that some SAP sites might require you to have an S/P-user linked to your SAP Universal ID for access.
Yes, you can change your primary email address via the SAP Universal ID Account Manager.
1. Go to your “Personal Information”.
2. Click on the pencil icon to edit your data.
3. Select your desired email address for your new SAP Universal ID email.
4. Click Save.
If your desired email address is not available on the list, consider linking an account with that email address to your SAP Universal ID on the Accounts section of your SAP Universal ID Account Manager.
It is against our security and legal regulations to allow the same email to be linked to two different SAP Universal IDs. If an email is already verified and linked to an SAP Universal ID, then this email cannot be used again.
Due to security reasons, SAP Universal ID does not allow shared email addresses (e.g.- firstname.lastname@example.org). If multiple people share the same email address, your administrator will need to create a unique email for each person who was using the shared email address.
Note to the administrator: (1) Both SAP and your company must know which person corresponds to each email.
Due to security reasons, SAP Universal ID does not allow shared S-user IDs. If multiple people share the same S-user ID, your administrator will need to create a unique S-user ID for each person who was using the shared S-user ID. You will then be able to link your newly created S-user ID to your SAP Universal ID.
Note to the administrator: (1) Both SAP and your company must know which person corresponds to each S-user ID. (2) Create new S-users with the User Management Tool (UMT or MMU).
The verification code is needed to verify your email. The purpose of the verification code is to confirm that you own the email address you noted in the previous step.
1. Once you receive the verification code, you will have 15 minutes to use it before it becomes inactive.
2. Enter the provided verification code and click on the "submit" button.
3. If you did not receive an email with a verification code, click on the "resend" button.
4. Shortly after, you will receive a new verification code via email.
5. Repeat step #2.
1. Please check that the email address was entered correctly.
2. If you find a typo in your email address, you must start the creation process from the beginning.
3. Be sure to check your Junk or Spam folders as it may be there.
4. Click the "resend" button to request a new verification code.
1. After you have verified your email address, you will be forwarded to the Linking Manager.
2. The Linking Manager will retrieve the IDs that match the email that you have verified.
3. If no IDs are found, click the "link accounts" button.
4. Enter an email address associated with an S/P-user ID(s) to which you would like to link.
5. Optionally you can enter a nickname and link that account by clicking on "link account."
6. If you have linked all the needed IDs, you can continue with the set up by clicking "continue."
*If you already have an SAP Universal ID, you can link additional S/P-user ID(s) anytime in your SAP Universal ID Account Manager.
You can manage your linked IDs, personal data, security, and privacy settings in your SAP Universal ID Account Manager. You can easily reach it from any site that is onboarded to SAP Universal ID by clicking on "Manage my Account" in the menu found in the top right corner.
Yes, it is possible to add S/P-user ID(s) to the SAP Universal ID even if the email is different from the primary email account. You can add email accounts and S/P-user ID(s) via your SAP Universal ID Account Manager.
Currently, this is not considered, but it will be a future deliverable.
Initially, you will only be able to reset your password by email.
If the Super Admin forgets to withdraw the permissions or access to the systems, the user will still have access to the company's data and systems. However, we are working on a feature that will inform company administrators about activity by employees who have left their company.
If you leave your company, your permissions and authorizations to the company's systems will be revoked, and your S/P-user ID(s) will be unlinked from your SAP Universal ID. You will still have the ability to use your SAP Universal ID if you move to another company. Any new SAP authorizations can be linked via your SAP Universal ID Account Manager.
SAP passports/certificates remain active on SAP sites as long as they are not entirely onboarded to SAP Universal ID. SAP Universal ID is planning to offer various state-of-the-art ways to authenticate your account.