SAP Universal ID
SAP Universal ID is a program that provides you easier access to our SAP Platforms and Applications. With SAP Universal ID, you will get one single SAP account for life. It gives you the ability to choose between your S- and P-user IDs and to manage your profile. You will log in once with your SAP Universal ID and use it for all your accounts wherever you work, enabling you to switch between them easily. SAP for Me and ONE Support Launchpad were the first platforms equipped with SAP Universal ID. Since then, additional platforms have been added. Please, find more detail in the "Roadmap" section.
There are two options on how to create your Universal ID.
1. Go to https://universalid.sap.com/create and follow the instructions.
2. Create your SAP Universal ID once you have an existing account with SAP for Me. There, you will find three different options to trigger the creation of your SAP Universal ID.
i. On the landing page of SAP for Me
ii. On the home page of SAP for Me as a logged-in user
iii. In the user profile of SAP for Me under "My Account"
3. Click the button "Create your Universal ID" > a window will pop up
4. You will choose between two options:
i. To create a new SAP Universal ID > click "Get Started"
ii. To link your existing SAP Universal ID to more accounts > click "Link accounts to my Universal ID"
1. Upon creation, you will be prompted to fill out a registration form that requires your first name, last name, country, and email address.
2. The email address you provide is then used as your login identifier for your SAP Universal ID.
3. You will provide a password and re-enter it.
4. You will need to confirm that you read the Privacy Statement.
Currently, SAP for Me, SAP.com, SAP ONE Support Launchpad, and SAP Support Portal, among others, support Universal ID login and its linked accounts. We are using a phased approach to integrate SAP Universal ID into more SAP Portals over time. Please check the Roadmap section for the latest updates on SAP Universal IDs full integration into additional platforms.
Your SAP Universal ID is an email address (it could also be your private email address) and password of your choice. Note: At least one valid S/P-user ID needs to be linked to your SAP Universal ID.
SAP Universal ID allows you to compile all your S/P-user accounts by using only one password, eliminating the need to keep track of all your S/P-user numbers.
The latest versions of the desktop browsers Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Edge currently support SAP Universal ID. The latest versions of iOS and Android for smartphones and tablets, currently support SAP Universal ID. Internet Explorer does not support Universal ID.
If you have trouble logging in with your Universal ID, please ensure that you have linked at least one S/P-user that is associated with your primary Universal ID email address. To do so:
1. Go to https://universalid.sap.com/create
2. Click on "Link accounts to my SAP Universal ID"
3. Provide your credentials, using one of your S/P-users associated with your primary Universal ID email address.
4. You will then be able to authenticate on the integrated platforms
Yes, you can. To log in to the system, however, you must also link your existing S/P-user accounts to your SAP Universal ID.
Currently, changing the email of your SAP Universal ID is not supported, but we are working on it. In the meantime, please send us a change request via the "Do you have a question about SAP Universal ID?” section on the bottom of this page.
It is against our security and legal regulations to allow the same email to be linked to two different SAP Universal IDs. If an email is already verified and linked to an SAP Universal ID, then this email cannot be used again.
The verification code is needed to verify your email. The purpose of the verification code is to confirm that you own the email address you noted in the previous step.
1. Once you receive the verification code, you will have 15 minutes to use it before it becomes inactive.
2. Enter the provided verification code and click on the "submit" button.
3. If you did not receive an email with a verification code, click on the "resend" button.
4. Shortly after, you will receive a new verification code via email.
5. Repeat step #2.
First, please check the e-mail address is entered correctly. Be sure to check your Junk or Spam folder if you have not yet received an email. You can press the “Resend” button to request a new verification code. If you find a typo in your e-mail address, you must start the creation process from the beginning.
After you have verified your e-mail address, you will be forwarded to the Linking Manager. The linking manager will retrieve accounts matching the email you have verified. If no accounts are found, click the "link accounts" button to verify an email address that is linked to an account you would like to link. If you want to connect your existing accounts, optionally you can enter a nickname and link the account by a click on the “Link Account” button. If you have linked all needed accounts, you can continue with the set up by pressing the button “Continue”.
You will know you have created your SAP Universal ID when a window pops up that reads, "You are all set with Universal ID!". Now you will be able to view your SAP for Me profile by clicking "View My Profile."
Your SAP for Me profile will display the personal information that you provide during the creation of your SAP Universal ID (i.e., the contact details of the selected S/P-user and company data). You can find this information in the navigation bar by clicking "Overview."
Manage your account by clicking "My Accounts" on the navigation bar.
Yes, you can add accounts to your SAP Universal ID account:
1. Navigate to your SAP for Me profile.
2. Click on "My Accounts".
3. Click "Link Additional Accounts." Here is where you can connect all S/P-users associated with the email address you have on file.
Yes, it is possible to add additional emails to your account and link S/P-users associated with different email addresses.
Currently, this is not considered, but it will be a future deliverable.
Initially, you will only be able to reset your password by email.
Your SAP Universal ID will maintain all your SAP-specific information, even if you switch companies (i.e., personal data). Soon to be included learning certifications and content-based information, such as blog posts via your communities, will soon also be included in your account information.
Companies will own and manage their employee's access and permissions.
If a user leaves his/her company, the user's permission and authorization to access the company's system will remain with the company. The responsible company administrator will withdraw the permissions and authorizations to access the systems just as they do today. The SAP Universal ID, however, can still be used by the user who moves to another company with SAP systems.
If the Super Admin forgets to withdraw the permissions or access to the systems, the user will still have access to the company's data and systems. However, we are working on a feature that will inform company administrators about activity by employees who have left their company.
As it stands, nothing will be changing on the S/P-user passport. If anything is planned around passports, you will be notified appropriately.